As a mommy of three adorable babies who are now twenty months, four years and five years old I think it goes without saying I’ve learned ways to save money out of necessity. Most of my mommy years have been spent at home while my husband brings home most of the bacon. It has been such a blessing to be with my kids and watch them grow. It hasn’t always been financially easy and has taken some sacrifice but ever minute with them has been worth it! I have always been frugal. I just don’t think it’s necessary to spend a ton of money to have quality things for a quality life. Over the past 7 years of being a growing family I have learned a few small things that save money in a big way and thought I would share them with you.
1. I make stuff. A lot of stuff! Anything from. Laundry detergent and deodorant to clothes.
2. I shop at thrift store and buy used items. I LOVE “junking” finding old stuff that can be made into new useful stuff or somthing someone has already used and it becoming new to you.
3. Cooking at home. This may seem like a no brainier but it’s amazing how many people eat out or buy frozen food most if the time. I can feed my family of 5 who eat like little giants for around $7 a meal for any regular night meal. It would cost triple that to eat out.
4. Not having a car payment. We buy cars we can afford with the cash we have. They aren’t fancy but they get us where we need to go.
5. As a stay at home mom. I stay at home. Try to make one trip to town a week (unless I have a job that I’m doing that week). spending money on gas running all over the place while not making money while you doing the running is going to be cash you are out. Stay home and only drive when you have to.
I hope this gave you a few ideas to save a little money. Start living the life you want with the resources you have. keep reading for more specific ways I do each of these things and more ways I save!